So as a relatively new blogger, it was nice to find out about this initiative from Depressionistheenemy to share blogs with others….so thanks for tagging me! And if anyone wants to take a look, their arts and media posts are really interesting (especially to me – loving the arts and working in marketing/media!).
So, for this, I have to share seven random facts about me, and tag 10 bloggers with less than 1000 followers. Full details at the bottom of the page.
7 (reasonably interesting) facts about me.
1. The title of my blog comes from the old story of Henny Penny – an anxious little hen who thought the sky was falling in after finding an acorn. Why? Because my earliest memory of a panic attack was aged 7, waking from a dream about an oak tree (?) and spending half an hour with my head over the sink, shaking like a leaf listening to kind words from my incredibly patient mum! (Who is still incredibly patient, even in my 30s, when I get the hangover panic and have to call her).
2. On a similar theme….I have three little hens wandering around my back garden, all named after my sisters in law. Sara chicken, Joanne chicken and Lucy chicken (yep, there are two Lucy Nichols. Well, 3 if you count the chicken).
3. My anxious face is known in our house as my ‘Con Air’ face – which my other half caught on camera while I was screaming at Nicholas Cage to save the day. My god, Garland Greene was terrifying.
4. I panic if access to Diet Coke (in a can) is denied.
5.Of my excitable nature, my friend once described me as ‘Like a spaniel – just one full fat coke away from licking someone’.
6. My family has its own language.
7. I took drama GCSE to overcome my shyness – despite discouragement from my English teacher and jibes from classmates. I took it, pretended to be a flower, recited some Kubla Khan, came out with a pass and spent almost ten years working in theatre (albeit backstage). So f**k you.
Rules to be followed:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share the award on your blog
- Share the seven random facts about yourself
- Tag 10 bloggers with less than 1000 followers and let them know they have been nominated